Saturday, March 19, 2011

You make me smile....

There is just nothing in this world like watching you child grow and start to really explore life. I am just enjoying this phase so much! Everyday he does a million things that just make me smile. Having a baby born early gives so many people such worries, and you have them too as a Mama. When you were in the NICU you expected them, it was honestly easier to deal with. Now that you made it home there are still worries, and things to explain, why your baby isn't sitting, all the developmental things that you know your kid is a little delayed at. You can get preoccupied with all the woes and worries, and start to feel stressed out a little. But then my baby does something that makes me smile, something little that reminds me of the precious miracle I have been blessed with. And then I feel comforted I am getting to worry and discuss milestones with other mothers! That means my sweet baby has no BIG worries, we are no longer worried by monitors going off, or if are babies lungs are strong, or if he will need a blood transfusion!! Oh how silly mothers can be!! I want to just enjoy my Micheal every minute of every day! I want him to know that I love spending as much of my day as I can just watching and playing with him. I know I may be bias but there is no greater feeling watching your baby turn pages of a book and know he is the smartest baby in the world. Watching him make the funniest noises and know he is such a comedian. Watching him grip your finger super tight, kick a toy really hard, and put his feet to his mouth and you see the strongest most athletic boy in the world!! And then he smiles at you and you just melt, you see such joy in that little face, he doesn't worry about what he is doing or not doing, he just wants to enjoy making mom and dad laugh, mimicking your noises and facial expressions!! So I am deciding to not worry any more either, about all the developments and marks, I am going to hug my baby and just smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment